Monday, November 9, 2009

24 Hour Solo?

After doing a number of 24-hour mountain bike races on 4- and 5-person teams, I never gave much thought to doing a 24-hour solo effort. "Those people are whacked," I would say to myself and just shake my head. Of course I was always intrigued at how they could physically and mentally prepare and finish such a race. I have a hard enough time turning over the pedals lap after lap with having a hot shower, good food, and physical break between laps and here these guys/gals are still out on the course keeping fairly consistent lap times.

So here I am contemplating my first 24-hour solo event in June 2010....

Could I really do it? Would I even been competitive? What nutrition requirements would I need? How can I train effectively?

Lots more on this topic to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment